Seminars & Lectures
Research Lecture Series
UNM Research News
- Nepal Study Center at UNM offers platform for research, global engagement
- Research project on climate change takes an abrupt turn
- López appointed vice president for Research
- Finding ways to use excess carbon dioxide
- UNM study reveals that local home visiting program sets the bar
- Qin receives NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award for photovoltaic research
- UNM hosts 2015 Shared Knowledge Conference April 23-24
- Turning tiny robots into student recruiters
- Karlstrom named UNM’s 60th Annual Research Lecturer
Thursday, 23 July 2015
Edl Schamiloglu, Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering gets two R&D Awards totalling $1.41 Million
Edl Schamiloglu, Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering was awarded two Defense University Research Initiative Program (DURIP) grants.
The first award is from AFOSR for $960,156.45 and entitled "Instrumentation Support for AFOSR Center of Excellence on the Science of Electronics in Extreme Electromagnetic Environments." Co-PI's on this award are ECE Associate Professor Payman Zarkesh-Ha and ECE Research Associate Professor Sameer Hemmady. More than half of the funds on this award are to purchase high frequency signal and waveform analysis instrumentation. This award complements the recently awarded 6-year, $6M AFRL/AFOSR Center of Excellence on the Science of Electronics in Extreme Electromagnetic Environments that Professor Schamiloglu directs (with the University of Maryland as a subawardee).
The second award is from ONR for $451,875.00 and entitled "Enabling the Next Generation Magnetron with Diffraction Output and Other High Power Microwave Sources." The Co-PI on this award is ECE Research Assistant Professor Sarita Prasad. This award is to upgrade one of the two accelerators in Professor Schamiloglu's laboratory and to demonstrate the ability for a permanent magnet solenoid to replace an electromagnet on a high power magnetron with diffraction output.
Read the press release here: http://www.defense.gov/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=17320 and the attached list of all DURIP award recipients is linked on that site as well.
- 1 of 42
- previous highlights >
Scholes Hall, Suite 327
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-001
Tel: (505) 277-6128
Fax: (505) 277-5271