Skip to content Skip to navigation

Can I accept an honoraria for a conference presentation overseas?

Honoraria are routinely provided at international conferences for invited speakers, etc., and Faculty need to comply with IRS regulations in reporting this on their taxes. If your travel is being paid for by a foreign source, report any large honoraria (>$5k), especially if it is from China or some other near peer competitor.  Faculty should disclose these as part of their disclosure when applying for federal awards.

Quick Links