Skip to content Skip to navigation

I am the PI on an NIH Grant to a domestic University. I have a visiting post-doctoral fellow in my lab, who works on my NIH grant and does all of his/her work in the United States. The Fellow's salary is paid by a Foreign Govmt. Is this a foreign comp?

In general, no. The first step in determining whether research constitutes a foreign component is to evaluate whether a portion of the research is being conducted outside of the United States. In this case, since all of the work is being conducted in the US, there would be no foreign component. However, this must be reported as Other Support. All in-kind resources, which includes visitors or employees who are paid directly by outside resources, should be disclosed as Other Support.

Quick Links