Skip to content Skip to navigation

Should I disclose foreign students, postdoctoral candidates or other trainees (including visiting scholars) in proposals and awards?

You must disclose any foreign students, postdoctoral candidates, and other trainees including visiting scholars on sponsored research.  If they are performing work outside the United States, this creates a Foreign Component. If they are working in the United States but receiving any support from a foreign entity, this constitutes ‘Other Support.’  This disclosure also includes students who are ‘volunteers’ (i.e., who are not UNM enrolled students but are foreign students here in a voluntary capacity (Other Support) or are students in another country that are provided to a UNM researcher to do work there (Foreign Component)).

Quick Links